After tidying the man-cave getting a little more point on my Insursion 3D Board, I dusted off a few more 'nice -to-have items on my 'to-do' list and it was encouraging to be able to see some immediate progress. However, despite it being placed on the main stage on the workbench, it would be all too easy to 'just do a bit of something else' and let the big project slip a little more.
When I set out to make the Inscursion 3D Board one of my goals was in simple terms, to make it really pretty. It was never going to be a quick project, but I did want to challenge myself a little and put to use the skills I've developed whilst making display boards for JJD UK.
I've always been impressed with the display games at Wargames Shows and, in most cases, it is the detail in them that makes the difference.
To that end I wanted to include cracked slabs, access panels, blood splats, oil cans and oil spills and other debris to provide points of interest and give the individual rooms or areas within the board a lived in feel.
There's a quite a bit to go yet, however I'm very pleased with the way it feels like it is coming together now. Here's a few of my favourite areas so far.
|Combination of card and cork tiles or various sizes.|
|Cork tiles with flocked fungi/mold|
|Card floor tiles with flocked growth|
|Generator room access panel detail.|
|Combination of clean and damaged card and cork floor tiles.|