Incursion 3D Playset - Detailing the floor tiles

It has been refreshing to be able to dedicate a little more time to hobby recently.

After tidying the man-cave getting a little more point on my Insursion 3D Board, I dusted off a few more 'nice -to-have items on my 'to-do' list and it was encouraging to be able to see some immediate progress. However, despite it being placed on the main stage on the workbench, it would be all too easy to 'just do a bit of something else' and let the big project slip a little more.

When I set out to make the Inscursion 3D Board one of my goals was in simple terms, to make it really pretty. It was never going to be a quick project, but I did want to challenge myself a little and put to use the skills I've developed whilst making display boards for JJD UK.

I've always been impressed with the display games at Wargames Shows and, in most cases, it is the detail in them that makes the difference.

To that end I wanted to include cracked slabs, access panels, blood splats, oil cans and oil spills and other debris to provide points of interest and give the individual rooms or areas within the board a lived in feel.

There's a quite a bit to go yet, however I'm very pleased with the way it feels like it is coming together now. Here's a few of my favourite areas so far.

Combination of card and cork tiles or various sizes.

Cork tiles with flocked fungi/mold

Card floor tiles with flocked growth

Generator room.

Generator room access panel detail.

Combination of clean and damaged card and cork floor tiles.


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran, it's slow steady progress, but I feel like it is starting to get a bit more exciting!

      Delete
  2. You've put a lot of effort into these and it certainly shows. Great work, Adam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, glad you like it and glad it shows!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for some insight into your imaginative and creative process, Zombie Guy. I especially enjoy the wiring tunnel in the generator room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jay. Thank you, that is still my favourite part.

      Delete
  4. Excellent work dude! That looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob, it's been great fun, glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. A brilliant look table and it's not even done. I'm stealing your wire idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad it has inspired you, please do!

      Delete
  6. You've put a lot of effort into these and it certainly shows. Great work, Adam.
    บาคาร่า online
    gclub online

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came acrose Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receieve my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article makes me a complete person,Thanks for all the valuable tools.Thanks for this list – I’ll be doing that for sure. Thank you so much.
    เว็บย่อลิ้ง
    เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
    ย่อลิ้ง
    ย่อurl
    ย่อเว็บ

    ReplyDelete

  9. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. เล่นบาคาร่า
    This are such great articles. เล่นบาคาร่า This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    เล่นบาคาร่า I appreciate for reading my blogs.

    ReplyDelete

  10. This are new articles style for you. เล่นบาคาร่า You can find some new idea on this. เล่นบาคาร่า It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    เล่นบาคาร่า Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    เล่นบาคาร่า I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Admin for posting such great content with us, your blog is really useful for me. Wish you all the best for future comments
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    online slots

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.
    Game ស្លត់អនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete