Dust Tactics: Custom Terrain - Rubble

In comparison to many other tabletop games ther ares relatively small amounts of terrain required to play Dust Tactics.

There are a few scenarios that feature 'Rubble' spaces. These are spaces that represent collapsed structures or destroyed 'blocking terrain' (Enormous Tank Traps, represented by card counters in the basic set).

A Rubble space does not block line of sight. It can be occupied by infantry but not by walkers or other vehicles. I wanted them to be a sound representation of collapsed structure and still allow up to 6 miniatures (a unit of 5 figures plus a hero if need be) to be placed on them.

This terrain was made using a base of 6mm cambered MDF square with an assortment of foam-core off-cuts, lollypop sticks and sand/gravel scatter PVA'd into place.

Dust Tactics: Rubble Marker 1
Dust Tactics: Rubble Marker 2
Both pieces were painted using a combination of spray undercoat and a light spray 'dusting', ink-washes, stipple and dry-brushing.

They were pretty quick and simple to make in between other projects whilst waiting for other pieces to dry etc.

Dust Tactics Rubble Markers

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I'm pretty peased with them. Particularly being one of those little 'in between stuff' projects :)

      Delete
  2. They've come out well. Best of all, you can use them in so many games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, yes, definitely something with a lot of other uses!

      Delete
  3. Great job dude! Very useful and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob. They work great in DUST and can definitely see them being recycled for other things!

      Delete
  4. Nice job, Zombie Guy. In my opinion you can't have too many piles of rubble. These look the part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay. I agreed, the more rubble the merrier!

      Delete
  5. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came acrose Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receieve my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty
    Live football

    ReplyDelete