Before The Outbreak

As a relative newcomer to the realms of both zombie gaming and blogging it would appear that, for some inexplicable reason, the two seem to sit hand in hand. So without further pause for consideration on the accuracy, or not, of that statement, let us begin. It seems a reasonable step, having begun to immerse myself in the hobby, that seeing as I have benefited so much from so many of the zombie gaming blogs on offer, that I should bite the bullet and join the party. I see it is a rather pleasant way to keep the enthusiasm high, the paintbrushes soft and supple and the xacto blades sharp and if in some way I could give a little something back in the way of inspiration to some of the people who have made me a little giddy and guided me along the way, so much the better.

After many years of tabletop gaming it dawned on me a few years ago that for me, it was all about the play set. The matching play set with everything adding to the experience as a whole; the figures, the terrain, the vehicles, the counters, the dice, even the soundtrack and the T-shirt. So when I decided towards the end of 2010 to combine a life-long love of zombies and tabletop gaming the mission statement was clear; to create the most awesome zombie gaming play set that I was able to. It might not be the best there could be, but it would be the best I could achieve within a reasonable amount of time and maintain a healthy balance of hobby, work and family life. It is currently a work in progress, but it has already seen some play and, most importantly, it gets me excited about the hobby every time I set it up.

My name is Zombie Ad, and this is the beginning of the tale of my zombie gaming play set.

Outbreak City Teaser
The park statue - As per cmnash's request

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Zombie Ad! Who are the buildings from? I don't recognise them ... and any chance of a close-up of the statue in the bottom left? and when you find a t-shirt supplier, be sure to post the details! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I forgot to say - absolutely love the title of your blog! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the interest guys. cmnash, the buildings are currently a mix of Worldworks Mayhem Downtown, the Micro Tactix Twilight range and whatever downloadable free samples I could get my hands on from the likes of Ebbles etc. More on that subject in a future post. I'll see if I can sort out a close-up of the statue for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the statue pic - didn't realise you had!

    ReplyDelete